There are three user tiers within Tourial: Viewer, Editor, and Admin.
As an Admin, you'll see an option for Manage Users under Settings.
Admins have additional permissions on top of being an Editor and can do the following:
- Add a subdomain (for Engagement Data)
- Create new users
- Edit an existing user
- Change their user role (Viewer, Editor, or Admin)
- Update email addresses (in case of initial typos, etc.)
- Deactivate a user
- Re-activate a deactivated user
- View a list of all active & inactive users (Admins cannot delete users)
- The active and inactive user list displays:
- User email
- Role (Access Level)
- Active/Inactive toggle
- Created date
- Last Activity date
As an Editor, you have full access to Tourial functionality to build Tours, connect Integrations, add Branding, etc. Editors are not able to create, manage or view Account users (as listed above for Admins).
As a Viewer, you can see everything in Tourial (Tours, Forms, etc.) and grab Share links. Viewers are not able to create Tours or edit existing Tours.
Last modified 19d ago